AMTA Distinguished Speaker Award is bestowed on an AMTA member that is a proven expert in the field of electromagnetic measurements and has excellent presentation and communication skills. The awardee is expected to travel internationally for invited presentations or lectures to AMTA regional events, AMTA nodes, meetings arranged by AMTA members or to present at other meetings to increase interest in AMTA. The AMTA BoD will reimburse approved travel expenses up to a total of $2,500 for each trip upon submission of travel receipts. The total expense for the award is capped at $10,000/2 years.
- Edmond S. Gillespie Fellow of AMTA.
- Proven expert in the field of electromagnetic measurements and has excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Self-nominations are welcome and encouraged.
- Statement of purpose for the nomination and statement from the nominee indicating the willingness to travel internationally.
- Reference Letters (min 2, max 4.)
- A curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee (Page limit: 5 pages).
- A set of abstracts of the proposed talks (Page limit: 3 pages).
- A sample set of slides (Page Limit: 40 slides).
- Outstanding record of accomplishments in Antenna Measurement Technology (40%).
- Relevance of the talks that are of current or tutorial interest to both specialized and general audience (30%).
- Evidence of outstanding communication and presentation skills (30%).
AMTA Distinguished Speakers:
2024-2025: Olav Breinbjerg